Start you own business
Last updated: 6 8 2018
Starting your own business can be a good alternative to looking for a job in Sweden.
If you have a temporary residence permit
You can apply for a permanent residence permit if you are earning a sufficient amount of money from your business when your temporary residence permit expires.
In order to get a permanent residence permit you have to:
- Have considerable experience of the trade you are in.
- Have previous experience of running your own business.
- Have knowledge of Swedish and/or English that is relevant to your business.
- Prove that you are the person running the business.
- Have the determining responsibility for the business.
- Own at least half of the business.
- Earn enough money to support yourself.
- Have enough money to run the business and earn money for the next two years.